From 14 to 18 August 2023, do not miss the Saint Vincent Festival in Collioure.
On the morning of August 16, 1701, the relics of the patron saint of Collioure were transported in the chapel of Saint Vincent ïlot where according to legend the saint was martyred. Since then, every year Collioure fishermen honom him with a seagoing procession. Then, the relics back to port to the cheers of the people clustered on the shore, the windows and on the roofs of houses.
This is the starting of four days of celebrations: water-based games, concerts and bands, traditional Catalan sardane dances, street art and the grandiose fireworks display over the Bay of Collioure on the evening of 16 August.
These festivities are celebrated in many countries, especially in Scandinavia, Spain, Belgium and Canada.
Program of the Feasts of Saint Vincent
The 2023 festival begins August 14 at 6:30 pm.
Monday 14th August
- 6.30 pm from the Market Square: In a street parade down the Quai de l’Amirauté, and Boramar…
– CONGO MASSA Fierce dignity, untamed elegance, the city is a jungle and the fauna has undermined itself! Sound the jungle beat: here comes the giraffe, the monkey and the antelope who are stirring.
– Archibald Caramantran Company by the Yummy production
- 7.30 pm on the Port: Official Opening Ceremony of the Festivities and speech by Guy llobet, Mayor of Collioure.
- 7.45pm on the Port and Place du 18 Juin: Les Bizzar’s (brass band – Collioure) and Les Canaillous (bandas – Millas)
- 10pm on the Port Stage: Macadam Farmer (Toulouse) + DJ
Tuesay 15th August
- 9.30am at the Church of N.D des anges: Assumption mass
- 10am on the port: Water games (bowsprit, swimming races)
- 11:30 am on the 18th June square: Sardanes with the cobla NOVA GERMANOR
- 11.30am in the streets: Les Bizzar’s (brass band – Collioure), Fanfare MACADAM FARMER (Toulouse), Fanfare DATS IT Brass Band (Toulouse)
- 4pm in the bay: Demonstration of LLAGUTS DE REMS (Catalan rowing boats) organised by the Collioure Sportif Aviron
- 6pm on the 18th June square: Sardanes with the cobla NOVA GERMANOR
- 7pm in the streets: Fanfare MACADAM FARMER (Toulouse), Fanfare DATS IT Brass Band (Toulouse)
- 10pm on the Port stage: TECHNO BRASS BAND (techno band – Rio de Janeiro) + DJ
Wednesday 16th August
- 9am at Saint Vincent’s Chapel: MASS with singing of the Goigs de Sant Vicens (traditional Catalan religious songs)
- 9.45am PROCESSION (in the bay, departure from the beach of Saint Vincent, return to the beach of Voramar)
–> Blessing of the crowd
–> Ceremony at the Church of Our Lady of the Angels
–> Musical tradition with : Els Ministrils de Sant Vicens (Traditional Catalan music, religious and secular)
- 11:30 am in the 18th June square: Sardanes with the cobla Mil.Lenària
- 11.30 am in the streets: brass bands: LES BIZZAR’S (Collioure), ELS COMPANYS (Le Boulou), TECHNOBRASS BAND (Techno band – Rio de Janeiro), DATS IT Brass Band (Toulouse)
- 6pm on the 18 June square: Fanfares and Sardanes with the cobla Mil.Lenària
- 7pm in the streets: Fanfares: Fanfare TECHNOBRASS BAND (techno fanfare – Rio de Janeiro), ELS COMPANYS (Le Boulou), DATS IT Brass Band (Toulouse)
- 10pm in the bay of Collioure: Fireworks
- 10.30 pm on the Port stage: FÜLÜ (electrobrass – Toulouse) + DJ (Perpignan)
Thursay 17th August
- 9.30 am at the Boulodrome du Port d’Avall: JOCS DEL FISSÓ (traditional games for children and adults)
- 10am/7pm: Moov’toi – Games area for children (circuit, ephemeral tattoos, inflatable games, wooden games, hoverboard, mini scooter…)
- 11am on the Place Jean Jaurès : SARDANES with the cobla Sol de Banyuls
- 11:30 am on the Port d’Avall : Fanfare ZE FANPHARE (festive fanfare)
- 6pm on the Place Jean Jaurès : Sardanes with the cobla Sol de Banyuls
- 7pm on the Port d’Avall : Fanfare ZEFANPHARE (festive fanfare)
Friday 18th August
- 8.30 am at the port: Arrival of the boats and speech by the Mayor
- 9am on the Boramar: Departure of the procession
- 10.15 am at Notre Dame de Consolation: Arrival at the Chapel of Notre Dame de Consolation and mass
- 11:15 a.m. at Our Lady of Consolation: Tribute to the Vela Llatina de Calafell Association
- 12pm at Nuestra Señora de Consolución: Ballada of 3 sardanas with the Cobla Mil Lenaria
- 16:00 at Our Lady of Consolation: SARDANES AND CATALAN BAL with the cobla Mil Lenaria
You can find the full program of the 2023 edition on the website of the Collioure Tourism Office
Collioure is a charming village of 3000 inhabitants (the “Colliourencs”) appreciated for its geographical location, its climate, its heritage. The light in this village attracted many artists (Matisse, Picasso, Derain…).
We invite you to discover our article dedicated to Collioure
We suggest that you visit the royal castle, the Church “Notre-Dame des Anges” and the “Fort Saint-Elme”.
Feast of Saint John
Another festivity is particularly celebrated in Collioure and throughout Catalonia. This is the feast of Saint John that takes place every year on June 23rd. We invite you to discover our article dedicated to this celebration.
Every year, on the 22nd of June, the villages of Catalonia carry a small fagot of branches at the cross of the Pic du Canigou. Three mountaineers also carry the “flame of the Canigou” from the Castillet (famous monument of Perpignan). This flame is then taken down and distributed in each Catalan village. On 23 June around 10 pm, all the villages lit a pyre with this flame.
Posters of the last editions of the Feasts of Saint Vincent